What is Ruby on Rails?
About Ruby on Rails
An open source framework for web development, Ruby on Rails is an object-oriented programming (OOP) language similar to Perl and Python. The Rails (as Ruby on Rails is often known) framework is written in Ruby, a language that is used with Rails. It simplifies repetitive tasks and developers often find it fun to write.
Where is Rails used?
Rails is a Web application framework used extensively for Web applications and websites.
Ruby on Rails offers several powerful benefits:
- Allows for rapid prototyping since it allows for changes to be done easily.
- Good for data-centric Web applications – AirBnB, Yellow Pages, Groupon, Channel 5 and Gov.uk all use Rails.
- Flexible, forgiving language and easy to learn.
- Ideal for robust Web applications that need to scale up as they grow and ongoing, easy maintenance.
- Programming is fast, plus Rails has a good testing framework.
- Rails comes with its own conventions. No configuration of files is needed, which helps speed up development.
- It is an open source framework so no licensing costs are involved.
How to Build Your Team @ Netsmartz
Let us know your requirements
Interview our developers
Select & hire the best
Start project with your new team
Now you can just focus on project!
Leave all the hassles of hiring, salaries, HR management and IT support to us. All you need to do is focus on your project with your new dedicated team! We offer Onshore, Offshore and Hybrid engagement models for our BYT services.